If you believe
Jesus said “If you believe you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.” Matthew 21:22 Do believe this is true?
Some do not believe this is true. Others say they believe it is true, but the words don’t mean what they appear to mean.
I have spent hundreds of hours over the past five years studying this. I have come to the conclusion that it is definitely true. When my faith is strong, I see miracles happen. But I know, dear reader, that you have prayed for something in the past that you did not get right away, maybe still have not gotten. It is easy to say (like i used to do) that this is either not true, or it doesn’t mean what it appears to mean.
Remain in faith
John 15:7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8 This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
This verse emphasizes that fact that we have to remain in Jesus in order to recieve answers to prayer. To remain in Jesus-what does that mean? I believe it means to love Jesus unconditionally.
1 John 5:3 In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, 4 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.
God’s will is important
I guess most of us would agree that when we pray we should ask for things in God’s will. James 3 says if we ask selfishly we won’t get what we pray for. But the wonderful thing is that if you love God and remain in Him, your desires become the same as His desires. Your will becomes His will. We never obtain perfection, so our desires may not become 100% the same as His, but they can align very closely.
Renew your mind
The key is to renew your mind by changing the way you think.
Romans 12:2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
Negative thinking kills faith. The fearsome foursome are negative thinking and some say all negative thinking falls into one of these categories.
The Bible says fear God, but that means a healthy respect. I don’t find any place where it says to fear anything or anyone else. Jesus said don’t worry. Therefore worry is a sin.
Jesus and God both got angry. Most of the time when we get angry it is selfish anger, not righteous indignation.
Sadness is not bad, but depression is sadness without any joy. You can feel sad and have a foundation of joy in your life. When people have no joy they run the risk of a nervous breakdown.
We know we are guilty, but after asking forgiveness, it is destructive to continue to feel shame.
Thinking about things you don’t like kills faith.Thinking only of things you love builds faith. Think only of people, places or things you like or love.
Check your feelings
If you pray for something and you don’t feel happy and grateful that you have already received it, you don’t really have faith. Therefore, if you want to know if you have faith, check your feelings. If your feelings are not happy and grateful, change them. It might be as simple as saying “I’m so happy and grateful I have…”
If you go to a restaurant and order a hamburger, you probably only order it once. You don’t order it again the next time the waitress passes by. If you did, it would show that you didn’t really believe she took the order the first time. It shows you don’t really believe you will get what you asked for. In the same way, ask for something once in prayer and then thank God often that he is giving you what you asked for. You asked for something in his will, right? So why wouldn’t he give it to you? The problem is, it might not come to you right away.
One of the keys to living a life of faith is to truly love God. Do you love Him even if he doesn’t give you what you want right away?
Living a life of love for God is an amazing and joyful life. It works wonders for me, and i am sure it will for you too.
Many years ago I had a high paying job as an aerospace engineer. I saw videos of poor people overseas that need help in many different ways. I wanted to help people like that. So I networked to raise the support I needed to live overseas.
I found that networking was a huge blessing. It caused me to meet new friends and develop good relationships.
Now I am working a new business so that my wife and I can help street kids in the Philippines. You can do this kind of work too. You really can make extra income.
Do you know someone who needs a job with a company that really cares about people? If you are willing to start part time to build a business with lots of help from this company, watch the video below. It’s a great way to make extra money or transition into a new career. The great thing about it is that anyone who is willing to work hard and be persistent can do well with this. Many people make an extra $1000 per month, and many build this business into a six or seven figure income, earning over $100,000 a year.
Just recently I sat and talked with a man who is in this business. He makes over $100,000 a year and works about ten hours a week. That’s ten hours a week, not ten hours a day! Think of all the time he has to help people! Click on the link below for more information.
Success is whatever you define it to be, but most of us want success in our relationships, health and career.
Happy relationships are important to us all. Happy people are almost always more fun to be with than angry people. Bringing happiness into a relationship helps make it stronger.
But what about success in your career? Does happiness help? Dr. Martin Seligman, an eminent psychologist, says that it does. Happy people get better performance evaluations and high pay he says in his book “Authentic Happiness.” This agrees with many scientific studies. The evidence from many different sources shows that happy people are successful people. See the links at the end of this article.
Sales people are told that if they are in a good mood it is easier to persuade people to buy or to do anything. If you work with people and need to persuade them, this will help. We all have to persuade people from time to time, whether we are salespeople or not.
Psychologist Shawn Achor says that happiness gives you a definite advantage in life and business. “Every business outcome shows improvement when the brains is positive.”
Silicon Valley tells us that taking a break during the workday and doing something fun improves productivity. It might be watching fun videos of cats and babies or playing a short game of ping pong.
Here are some things you can do to increase your happiness.
- Meet with friends regularly. This actually boosts your immune system and makes you happier.
- Count your blessings, be grateful every day. Write a list of a few things you are grateful for every day. It really does help.
- Laugh often. The old saying is true, laughter is the best medicine.
- Do things that make you happy. Maybe it is playing the guitar, working in the garden, exploring or anything else that you enjoy.
- Read for enjoyment for 20 minutes. This means read anything that you enjoy reading. The bad things happening in the world that you read in the news probably don’t qualify.
- Keep a mood diary. There are many apps for mobile phones that help you track your mood and help you focus in on what brings you happiness.
Studies show happiness brings success, a review of 225 papers (opens in new window).
In the book Law of Success by Napoleon Hill, (and also Think and Grow Rich) the author lists 6 steps to success. I added step 7 and 8 to his 6 steps. Over many years, Hill studied hundreds of people who had achieved what they considered to be success in their lives. His books still sell today, even though they were written many years ago. You can get the free ebook Law of Success here.
1. Fix in your mind the exact goal you desire. It is not sufficient merely to say, “I want success.” Be definite as to what that means to you. (There is a psychological reason for definiteness which was described in earlier posts).
2. Determine exactly what you intend to give in return for the goal you desire. (There is no such thing as “something for nothing.”)
3. Establish a definite date when you intend to possess the goal you desire.
4. Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire, and begin at once, whether you are ready or not, to put this plan into action.
5. Write out a clear, concise statement of what you intend to acquire, name the time limit for its acquisition, state what you intend to give in return for it, and describe clearly the plan through which you intend to achieve it.
6. Read your written statement aloud, twice daily, once just before sleeping at night, and once after arising in the morning. AS YOU READ–—SEE AND FEEL AND BELIEVE YOURSELF ALREADY IN POSSESSION OF THE GOAL. Notice it says you must FEEL the good feelings of achieving your goal. I can’t overemphasize this point. If you don’t feel it, you probably won’t achieve your goals if the going gets really tough.
7. Jesus said more than three dozen times that faith is the key to answered prayer. Pray for your goal. Believe that you have received it, even before you see it appear in your life.
8. If the date arrives and you have not accomplished your goal, think of different ways that you can accomplish your goal. Don’t give up. Read or listen to books and lectures that motivate you to keep striving for your goal. Most people have to do this daily.
Jack Canfield tried 144 different publishing companies before finding one that agreed to publish his enormously successful “Chicken Soup for the Soul” series of books. He suggests trying five different things every day to accomplish your goals. He has sold over 155 million books in many languages.
It is important that you follow the instructions described in these steps. It is especially important that you observe, and follow the instructions in the sixth paragraph. You may complain that it is impossible for you to “see yourself in possession of a goal” before you actually have it. Here is where a BURNING DESIRE will come to your aid. If you truly DESIRE something so keenly that your desire is an obsession, you will have no difficulty in convincing yourself that you will acquire it. It is critically important that you are clear about what you want, and to become so determined to have it that you CONVINCE yourself you will have it.