Napoleon Hill interviewed 500 of the most successful people in the world to find out what made them successful. If you are looking for success in losing weight, career, relationships, etc. these help. Here are some of his findings. People who are successful have these traits:
- They have a well thought out purpose in life. They know what they want and they believe they can get it. People who aim at nothing hit it every time. Statistics show that from one Harvard class, the 4% who had well thought out goals accomplished more than the 96% who didn’t.
- They have ambition to aim above mediocrity. Hill found that people with low ambition don’t get very far in life.
- Education. We all know that many of the most successful people had very limited education. Thomas Edison had less than a year of formal education. Bill Gates did not finish college. Ashton Kutcher dropped out of college, as did many, many others. But a college degree can open doors for you, no doubt about it. People are not paid so much for what they know as what they do with what they know.
- Self-discipline. Discipline comes through self-control. Hill says that a person must control all negative qualities. That is hard to do, not many really do that well. But the great thing is, if you are willing to do it, you are way ahead of most others. We are both our best friend and worst enemy.
- Persistence. Most people are good starters but not good finishers. A person who is willing to keep working at something and not let discouragement deter him will do great things in life. Most people quit when things get difficult, and often quit just before they would have accomplished something big. Persistence overpowers failure.
- They don’t try to get something for nothing. They know that in order to get what they want, they have to be willing to pay the price. Or as Zig Ziglar says, “You can get anything you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want in life.”
Please click “Reddit” below and post under self improvement or anything. Thanks so much!!
More ideas for success at www.bradstanton.com/ten-keys-to-success/