Napoleon Hill interviewed 500 of the most successful people around and found six steps that bring success. Whether you seek success overcoming an addiction, losing weight, better relationships, career success, financial security or anything else, these six steps will help:
1. Fix in your mind the exact goal you desire. It is not sufficient merely to say, “I want success.” Be definite as to what that means to you. (There is a psychological reason for definiteness which was described in earlier posts).
2. Determine exactly what you intend to give in return for the goal you desire. (There is no such reality as “something for nothing.”)
3. Establish a definite plan date when you intend to possess the goal you desire.
4. Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire, and begin at once, whether you are ready or not, to put this plan into action.
5. Write out a clear, concise statement of what you intend to acquire, name the time limit for its acquisition, state what you intend to give in return for it, and describe clearly the plan through which you intend to achieve it.
6. Read your written statement aloud, twice daily, once just before sleeping at night, and once after arising in the morning. AS YOU READ–—SEE AND FEEL AND BELIEVE YOURSELF ALREADY IN POSSESSION OF THE GOAL. It is very important to FEEL it!
It is important that you follow the instructions described in these six steps. It is especially important that you observe, and follow the instructions in the sixth paragraph. You may complain that it is impossible for you to “see yourself in possession of a goal” before you actually have it. Here is where a BURNING DESIRE will come to your aid. If you truly DESIRE money so keenly that your desire is an obsession, you will have no difficulty in convincing yourself that you will acquire it. The object is to want money, and to become so determined to have it that you CONVINCE yourself you will have it.